Cycling Holidays in France since 1989

Discover the freedom of cycle touring on one of our very special holidays

The Brittany region of France is wonderful for a cycling holiday and we've been specialists here for 29 years. We're unique in giving you the choice of self-led cycle camping, country hotels or gite-based tours - and for larger cycling groups we now have our own Bunkhouse. We like to think we have something for everyone - experienced cyclists, beginners and especially families and we use the some of the best bikes in the business  - all this from £215/260€ per week for camping and £530/653€ for hotels, with us looking after you in the background at all times.


Holidays vary from a 10 mile-a-day ride all on cycle-paths, to a serious 80 mile a day cycle tour around the French coast with everything inbetween and all superb value. You can spend a week discovering the most gorgeous little cyclist-friendly hotels and B&B's, 'glamping' with the family, or a week-long cycle camping tour. We supply everything and all top quality - solo bikestandems and starting this year electric bikes. They come with panniers, and for campers - tents, sleeping bags etc. Brittany is a very special part of France and you will fall in love with it as we have...

slide kate bonrepos

Our Gite-based cycling holidays (self-catering holiday cottages) are available all year round - perfect for a family cycling holiday and we even have large, traditional canvas tentsshepherd's huts and classic caravans from the 60's for those wanting to stay put all week and cycle in the heart of Brittany with it's maze of cyclepaths and country lanes - There is also the unique chance to hire that most French of all cars for the day - our 2CV! If you want you can forget the cycling and do a car based holiday, but what a car;-)

Bar on cycling holiday france


Big news is that this year we have our new (well 150 year-old) bunkhouse available for cycling groups up to 10. We've also added new routes that are exclusively on marked cycleways and so at last those with a phobia about hills can have some options up to 250 km in the week!


Our cycling holidays are based from the perfect little village of Gouarec in the middle of Brittany - the bit of France that sticks out west into the Atlantic Ocean. Having cycled all over France it was Brittany that captured our hearts, and so Breton Bikes was born and set up right in the heart of Brittany.

Cycle camping holidays in France

Breton Bikes cycling in france Facebook Page

What do we offer?

For all our holidays we supply all equipment, much of it specially made for us to our designs and all high quality and adapted to the routes you will follow, all you need to bring is yourselves. To this add carefully researched turn-by-turn routes, selected hotels and campsites and of course us at the end of the phone to rush out to help in case of problems.

Family Holidays

We're good with families because we've done it all with our own children. So families are very welcome on our cycling holidays and we are uniquely well equipped for children with baby-trailers, trailer-bikes, child-back tandems etc. As an example, in 2018 20% of our bookings were for families cycling with school and pre-school-aged children. The other 80% were equally well catered for as you can imagine. The other thing to remember is that the French love children - restaurants and bars always welcome them in.

Girl on cycle camping holiday in france


Our main season begins at the end of April and finishes with the week ending on the 29th September. During that period all hotel routes are available, and with a few limitations at the very beginning and end (when some campsites close) so are all camping routes. Outside that period our Gite-based (self-catering vacation cottage) cycling holidays run all year - an option for people wanting to bike with us outside out normal season (and at a very special low season price).

Getting to us

From a situation 30 years ago where there was only the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff we now have an embarrassment of riches, including cheap flights to local airports, the Channel tunnel link, many ferries and self drive. For details see the 'getting to us in Brittany' page.


2018 was a lovely and very sunny season, though the numbers of UK holidaymakers fell for obvious reasons. So here I'd just like to thank all the people who came and helped make it such a success, especially those on the led cycling trip who were such marvellous company cycling to the Pyrenees (most of whom have already booked for the 2019 led-trip!). I'd also like to thank the customers from far abroad - Australia, New Zealand, USA, Kenya, China, Canada, S Africa, Russia etc for their trust in sending money into the "wide blue yonder" on the strength of a bandit in France with a website!